Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Tebow snubbed??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Tebow snubbed??

    I'm just happy to know college football isn't too far off......

    -------------------------------------
    The Southeastern Conference’s preseason all-conference team was released on Thursday and it was no surprise that Florida’s Tim Tebow was selected at quarterback. What was surprising was that Tebow was not a unanimous selection.

    Tony Barnhart of The Atlanta Journal Constitution was trying to get to the bottom of who left Tebow off their ballot:

    The SEC released its coaches All-SEC team yesterday and, not surprisingly, Florida had 16 players on the three-deep offense and defense. Florida had eight players on the first team while Alabama had six and LSU had three. Georgia receiver A.J. Green and linebacker Rennie Curran were the two Bulldogs on the first team.

    There were only three unanimous choices on the first team: LSU offensive lineman Ciron Black, Alabama wide receiver Julio Jones, and Tennessee defensive back Eric Berry. Coaches were not allowed to vote for their own players so a unanimous pick got 11 of the 12 votes.

    Notice anyone missing? Tim Tebow, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner who led Florida to the 2008 national championship, was on the first team but was not a unanimous pick. Jevan Snead of Ole Miss is the only other quarterback who could really be considered at the All-SEC level but his coach, Houston Nutt, wasn’t allowed to vote for him. Interesting.

    So, was Tebow snubbed? And if he was, will he use it as motivation? Or is he simply too busy winning Heisman Trophies and national championships to care?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Rich_Kotite's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2005
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tebow snubbed??

    Kiffin probably voted for Snead. Is that such a big deal that it wasnt unanimous? Snead is probably the best QB anyway. Maybe Tebow can win the award for best fullback thats allowed to throw occassionally

  3. #3
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tebow snubbed??

    personally I don't care if it was unanimous or not and I honestly doubt Tebow cares either. I just figured this would make for some interesting conversation. Plus the media has to blow it up it's only fun and gets rating too....it's dramatic way to start the college football season I suppose with all the speculation. I'm just glad college season will be starting soon ...


    you know as soon as I saw you were online I knew this thread would have a reply LOL

    -----------------------

    btw I took my VCLA today it wasn't hard just took a while to finish. I got a job as an aide at Norton for this school year which will hopefully lead to a real teaching job next year!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tebow snubbed??

    Congrats on the job at Norton Smarty, what grade are you going to be an aide in?
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tebow snubbed??

    I'm going to be at the Elementary School working in one of the Kindergarten classes. I sign my contract next week so so I should know more about it then...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tebow snubbed??

    theres no doubt snead is the better QB overall.

    can you give the link to the preseason team?

    say there were six alabama players?

    ima guess the first team depth chart, someone look it up and tell me how I did

    OL-Ciron Black LSU
    OL-Mike Johnson Alabama
    OL-M Pouncey UF
    OL-M Pouncey UF
    OL-John Jerry Ole Miss-that may be wrong
    TE-Richard ****son LSU
    WR-Julio Bama
    WR-AJ Green UGA
    QB-Tebow
    RB-Michael Smith ARK
    RB-Charles Scott LSU

    id say ill miss one or two

    D

    DL-T. Cody Bama
    DL-Carlos Dunlap UF
    DL-Greg Hardy
    LB-Rolano McClain Bama
    LB-Rennie Currian UGA
    LB-Brandon Spikes UF
    LB-Eric Norwood USC
    DB-Joe Haden UF
    DB-Trevard Linley UK-----the best player you dont know
    DB-Javier Arenas Bama
    DB-Eric Berry UT

    someone check me out

  7. #7
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tebow snubbed??

    Quote Originally Posted by smarty View Post
    I'm going to be at the Elementary School working in one of the Kindergarten classes. I sign my contract next week so so I should know more about it then...
    you will have a 25% chance to have my daughter in your class then.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Rich_Kotite's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2005
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tebow snubbed??

    Quote Originally Posted by smarty View Post
    personally I don't care if it was unanimous or not and I honestly doubt Tebow cares either. I just figured this would make for some interesting conversation. Plus the media has to blow it up it's only fun and gets rating too....it's dramatic way to start the college football season I suppose with all the speculation. I'm just glad college season will be starting soon ...


    you know as soon as I saw you were online I knew this thread would have a reply LOL

    -----------------------

    btw I took my VCLA today it wasn't hard just took a while to finish. I got a job as an aide at Norton for this school year which will hopefully lead to a real teaching job next year!

    LOL, you hate me

    Congrats on the job. I am done with the school I worked for. No jobs available there and not impressed with admin.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Rich_Kotite's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2005
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tebow snubbed??

    I see it was Spurrier that ****ed on superman's cape

  10. #10
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tebow snubbed??

    I just saw that, he didn't even hesitate. Did it say who he voted for?
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •